Next Year  

Posted by Brittainy

So I just realized that I have only 19 more days of high school left. This year has gone by so fast! And I know this summer will fly by as well. People ask me just about every day what I am doing for college next year. This question used to really bug me because I had no clue what I was going to do and I didn't want to think about it.

When I graduated from middle school I had the hardest time deciding what high school I would go to, and I didn't make my final decision until 2 weeks before school started! Needless to say that was a very stressful summer. I was kind of dreading my senior year because I didn't want to go through that whole process again, and picking a college is way more important than picking a high school.

This time around I am quite blessed to have made a decision pretty early. Next fall I am going to Ocean's Edge, which is a worship school in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. At first I was very excited about this opportunity and I couldn't wait for September to come. Right now I am feeling really nervous and kind of homesick, which is weird because I haven't left yet. At some point every day I think about what I am doing at that moment and how I won't be doing whatever that is in a few months. It happens when I'm at school with friends, when I'm eating dinner with my family, and mostly when I'm at church. I know I'll be playing plenty of guitar in Florida, but I sure am gonna miss playing at Seacoast. I just don't see how I'll have as many awesome opportunities to play as I do here. But hopefully I will be able to get plugged into the worship team down there and form new friendships.

The distance is another thing that worries me. It is just starting to sink in that I will be 10 hours away from Charleston. And I don't know a thing about Fort Lauderdale! The only time I have spent there is when we went to visit the school a couple of months ago, and that was just 1 day. I'm not good at meeting new people and making new friends, but I will be forced to do that because I don't know a single person down there.

Well, I have about 5 months until I leave and I will be praying and preparing as hard as I can. Please pray that I can calm my nerves and that I will be ready when the time comes to leave home.

This entry was posted on Monday, April 13, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments