My First Post  

Posted by Brittainy

I decided to make this blog because I have a lot of thoughts and opinions going on in the old noggin, and I'm a pretty quiet person so I don't share them that often. I think every once in a while I will post some of my opinions on desultory issues. My first issue of choice: infomercials. I love watching late night talk shows, and it is usually during this time that I am subjected to these priceless pieces of tv history. Some infomercials are monumental; some do not live up to the standards. Today I felt the need to share some infomercials that touch me the most, for better or for worse.



The Snuggie
The trick to the Snuggie is that it keeps you warm AND gives you the freedom to move your hands. I’m not sold on this one. To me it is the exact same thing as wearing a robe backwards. And if I’m covered in a blanket, it really doesn’t give me too much pain to reach out and grab the remote or a book. I do enjoy the commercial though. The narrator talks about the Snuggie being the latest American technology while the lady in the commercial is talking on a cordless phone straight out of the 90s. The only way I would buy a Snuggie is if I were invited to a party at the local monastery.



Shamwow!
This thing is really awesome. It can hold 12 times its weight in liquid and it’s machine washable! There’s no way you could not take this man seriously…just for the fact that he is wearing a super cool hands free microphone. There’s no messing around with that thing. My favorite part of the commercial is when he says “made in Germany. You know the Germans always make good stuff!” Well I wasn’t aware of that fact before, but that microphone convinces me. And they couldn’t have come up with a better name. Who could say no to something with “wow” at the end of the title?



The Perfect Pushup
This is actually a serious review because I have tried this before and I really like it. This thing is like 10 times harder than a regular pushup…I couldn’t even do one full rep. But there’s something you should think about before you buy this: if you don’t ever do regular pushups in the first place, you’re not going to do any perfect pushups. Whenever I see fitness equipment commercials I always want to go out and buy it thinking I will have so much motivation and get in shape. But it doesn’t really matter what equipment I have, my motivation will always stay the same. So right now I’m working out with just my arms, legs, and a pair of tennis shoes.

The Buxton Bag
I don’t care what anyone says, this is just a modified fanny pack. Putting it over your shoulder does not justify anything. If this is supposed to be like a purse, everyone knows that women choose purses for fashion first, functionality second. And this is just downright ugly. I guess some guys could wear it instead of being caught with a man purse. But I think if they told their friends “dude, it’s not a purse, it’s a Buxton Bag” I don’t think they wouldn’t have much luck.
Well, those are my picks. There are a couple more out there that i like/hate, but right now I just can't remember. More posts to come, maybe.

This entry was posted on Thursday, April 09, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

Anonymous  

Brittainy Surratt I want you to blog like this every minute of the day. it would make my life a lot more fulfilled. -alexa

Anonymous  

hey Brittainy. that was a great blog. Ive met you twice. And it really kept me interested. Hope to see more in the future
Caylee

Great stuff Britiany, I like your blog already! My favorite infomercials are the song sets they used to do in the 90's, I still know them by heart. Speaking of fanny packs, I definately saw one in a high-end store downtown. Looked like they were trying to bring it back, but it just wasn't happening.

Brittainy! I don't know if I told you this already, but the other day I was in class, and someone asked a question about the the literature that we were studying. I turned around to look at her, and she was wearing a snuggie! I about died! I started to giggle so hard, I hope the lady didn't know I was laughing at her! I just can't believe that she wore it to class! haha, so funny!